Sunday, July 5, 2009

She's B-a-c-k......

Well I just returned from picking Red up from camp...a day early :( I got a call yesterday evening that they were having to close camp down due to an outbreak of Influenza. Now we have to sit and wait to see what the next 72 hours has in store! Pray we stay in the clear though it has a short course with an 8 member houshold no illness is short lived. Not to mention that isn't exactly what we need while getting things ready for a new baby!!

She does seem to have had a great time though! It seems like some of the best cabin mates shes had. Some were a year older but hopefully she will stay in touch with them! Her favorite part was getting sunscreen in her eye and being given a frozen water balloon to put on it....pretty clever! They pretty much squeezed in all the activities they had planned in a couple less hours!!So needless to say we have a very tired camper home now!!

This week I will be preparing everything for our churches VBS! Why in the world did I say "oh I'll get it all organized but I can't promise I'll be able to be there that week" (knowing I was preg but the cat wasn't out of the bag yet) Little did I know at that time I'd have the flu for almost a month followed by how many bouts of the stomach bug, Swine Flu break, and everything else that kept me from getting everything done ahead of time! So here I am a week to go and a whole lot to do! Some may be real diappointed cause I'm just not one of those moms that has to go "all out" so people ewwwww and ahhhh over it all! Have a teaching-sing some songs-do some crafts and games and call it a day!! Do kids really care if you turn the parish hall into a jungle?? Do we realy have to have TWO days to decorate?? I don't but others want to so as usual I do as others would like....But hope they don't expect me to be painting some darn zebra!! I have a whole house of stuffed animals make a scene with them and call it a day!! Hopefully all goes well and the kids have fun!! That really is all that matters!! But for the record....I WILL NOT be in charge of VBS possibly EVER again!! OK I shouldn't say NEVER but not while preg with 6 young kids and running a business...... But as my quote to the side says "If God brought me to it he'll get me through it....right!"

Oh those pictures of the big girls did get taken but sadly my kids pictures bring in no profit so they get put on the back burner! Soon very very soon but don't hold me to it!! :)

2 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Can't wait to see pictures. Don't over do yourself with VBS!!! Delegate, delegate, delegate :)

A homeschool mother to many said...

Have fun,I did VBS all week, boy when the week was over,so was I.
Enjoy.LOL!!!