Saturday, July 18, 2009

32 weeks!!

Wow the baking time of Icky is in its final weeks! Always a little bit of an eye opener when you think "if I went into labor in another 2-3 weeks they wouldn't stop this baby from coming!!" Guess maybe I should get my butt in gear!! The only real must is to wash a load of Icky clothes/sheets/bouncer covers! Maybe we'll get the swing out this week?! But it sure would be nice to catch up on a little more!

We got Back To School shopping done a week or so ago so that is a huge weight off my back! Can't believe we only have a couple more weeks of Summer! We'll register the kids in like 2 weeks. Big C will have 2 training camps to go to for special activities he'll be in this year...then it will be back to the real world before we know it! If I continue to hate the school year this much I just might start homeschooling....OK not really but I really hate the school year schedule! (so much so I'm sitting awake at 2am blogging about it) ;)

I saw my Dr on Thursday and was a little disappointed he didn't set an induction date but we at least talked about it and he knows I'm very nervous about going past 38 weeks as fast as my labor goes! So he agrees we need to induce around then but still waiting to get a little closer to time before getting it scheduled! Our brand spankin new OB unit is to open on Aug 1st so Icky should be born there!! We hope to go to the ribbon cutting and look at the new facility next week!! We won't be the only ones to benefit from it...there will be a nice new waiting room on the floor for those sitting waiting for a baby to be born! So no more in and out peering in the nursery window wondering if that music playing is for us or not! I'm sure the kids will be standing gaurd to see when the Dr walks in the door! I can see them all now following him with their ears pressed up against the door waiting to hear if its a boy or a girl! They all seem very excited! Even K baby seems to understand it all.

On another note I survived a week of VBS!! Makes me very thankful for the well behaved kids we have. I just don't understand how parents can just simply allow their kids to run wild. Outside is a place to run and release energy. The church parish hall is NOT!! And sure don't understand how a kid can not follow simple directions (like sit down don't run) I certainly stepped out of my box this week and got out of my safe zone! But I also am very happy in my safe-OCD world and will be fine with not stepping out of it again anytime soon!! :) I think it was a great week for the kids. They all seemed to have a fun time and that is what is important!

This weekend we are celebrating Big C's birthday...THIRTEEN yes I know that means I'm the mother of an official teenager!! How that happened I don't know. But I'm guessing its a sure sign I'm not 20 anymore! What the weekend will hold...who knows but hopefully it will be fun for him!!

1 comment:

Happy Campers said...

Happy Birthday Big C!!! I remember the day you were born... I hope you have a GREAT day :)

Amy--I'm glad you survived VBS. That's a BIG task to volunteer for!