Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Icky status!!

We got to take a look at Icky yesterday!! He/She looked great! The reason It appears this kid is all right under my belly button is because this kid is curled up in a tight little ball. We first saw feet and in the same frame saw the head and more feet....I had to ask several times "how many feet does this kid have?" I swear we saw feet from every direction! There was a toe BEHIND the head at one point! He/She was awake No surprise to me cause this kid NEVER stays still! But we were entertained by legs, she/he tried to give Kayle 5, and appeared to be yawning and sticking the tongue out at us. Sounds like this child will fit into the family just perfect!! The only "problem" was the size of this childs head!! The tech remeasured from 3 different angles about 3 different times but kept getting 32wks and 3/4 days. That would be great but I am only 29wks and 3 days and that was EXACTLY what the abdomen measured. So it appears we will be having a bobble head!! And while in this little ball the legs were perfectly crossed! Again the tech avoided hiney area and turned the screen to get the leg and cord measurements. She said she didn't even catch a glimpse between the legs so we will go into labor with only one person knowing if this child is a boy or a girl!! If you had asked me a week ago I'd of said a girl but after seeing a big head and a big baby I'd say boy today!! So I'll go ahead and predict its a 50% chance its a boy!! And for anyone who thinks we are keeping the name choices from you....NOPE we've got nothing!! I've about decided Icky will end up on the birth certificate!!!
The realization that I could have a new baby in 4 or 5 weeks set in lastnight. I'm ready for baby thats the easy part but somewhere in there I have a house to get some things tended to. Two birthdays. In charge of a week of VBS, and still have photo sessions lined up for work!! And some how in there I need to go school shopping for 4kids!! It is not advised to go school shopping with 6 kids but when hubby works 2 jobs I'm guessing there will be no other option!! If only I had a crystal ball to know exactly how long I had before the big day!! I know those things will work themselves out and thank heavens for on line shopping but you all know I'm a planner and have to have everything ready to go!! What is important is that Icky is healthy-I am healthy and with a head that size we may have a little Einstein coming into the world!! :) God is good!!

1 comment:

Happy Campers said...

Glad Icky is all healthy!