Friday, September 7, 2007

Finally We See The Rainbow

On July 20th I stood in the middle of our house with about 2 inches of water through out our bottom story. Here is a journey through our past 7 weeks!! I wish I had pictures from the 20th but my camera was in the car with my labor bag. You see that was suppose to be our next big event!! I know I could have waddled to the door, held on to anything around me and just slipped and slided over to it; but I saved those acrobatic skills to get to the circuit breaker to cut power to all the water soaked electrical cords. Though I'm pretty certain if I would have walked close enough to my TV it would have given me a high enough voltage to jolt a baby out of me. But I decided against a boat ride to the hospital. So here our adventure begins! Without a sense of humor we would have never survived! This picture was taken on July 21st. The water was at one point up to the top wire of the fence. There is another wire above the grass you see. This picture was taken at the dip in our driveway about 100 yards from the house. The water was from our gate, through the house, and about another 100 yards behind us. I wish one of the many passer bys would have taken a picture because I'm sure from the road it was even more sureal. In this spot the water was waist high around 2 and by 5 was knee high (as my husband waded up the drive) So it went down just as fast as it rose!
(above) kichen drying at one point we had 20 some odd fans blowing at once. It sounded like an airplane was starting down the runway!
(above) kitchen once vinyl was removed 7/27
(above) kitchen/utility room finished!!!

(above) dining room during clean up.

(below) dining room finished!



(below) this is our new carpet we only put it in our room! We also painted in there. And of course our little angel that made her debut 8 days after this craziness started!





















This is our master bath. We went ahead and painted it too. I should have gotten a picture of all the kids scraping the glue off the floor before we could lay the vinyl.





















Like I said without a sense of humor we would have NEVER survived this!! We had everything cleaned and were just waiting for the birth of #6. We had worked really hard for weeks getting everything done so we could just sit relax and enjoy our new baby. I was waiting until the 22nd to steam clean my carpets and couches because thats when my Dr came back from vacation...... well low and behold God kept me from having to steam clean the carpet!! The kids helped us keep everything in perspective..... they continued to live life and make us laugh! Our 20mo old for the first time started saying UHOH and she got to say that phrase A LOT that week! Everywhere she turned looked like an UHOH!! But it really was just that simple we were all safe and it was all just STUFF and just like other UHOH's it was fixable! Luckily the men doing the clean up also had a sense of humor (and 3 year olds) as on about the 5th day of these guys showing up to check the house over Our 4yr old looked at one of the men (clean, well groomed and in his uniform) and said "Sir-Sir you know you're gross.... (man ignoring him) Sir your gross cause you've worn that same shirt everyday!" Luckily he died laughing and thought it was "cute". We of course had to explain the man had several shirts that looked the same and tried to explain not saying things like that to others! But again this week it was a good laugh and memory for us. Oh to be 4 and just have to worry about what shirt someone has on! I know some day we will look back on the timing of and the events that took place and laugh.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is never dull is all I have to say...love the gross comment!

Jess said...

Wow it looks great!

The Leader Of This Crazy Clan said...

Thanks!!

Honestly I really liked the gross comment too he had perfect timing in making us laugh!

Pequeños Milagros said...

Kayle is completely adorable, and I'm so happy to hear that things are going well, even if there have been some hard times!

Danielle said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person. Love you!