Friday, August 14, 2009

Update...35 + weeks

Just got back from the Dr. Good news bad news. He wants me to stay on my meds for one more week...obviously they are keeping contractions less frequent and intense since I found out the hard way (stopped my meds) that they quickly resume fast and furious. I'm just DONE with the side effects they are really not enjoyable AT ALL but part of it!! The good news is I can resume normal activities probably not the best thing for him to tell me but you'd think after knowing me as long as he has he does know I only function in 2 speeds....stop and full speed ahead. :) SO we will be cleaning this weekend steaming couches,floors,and getting everything ready for Icky and next week we will try to hit the pool and enjoy the final week of Summer!! I'm sure Icky will make his/her appearance the WORST time possible....first day of school! I would seriously be crushed if I wasn't here to see my kids off and do our first day of school rituals :( Not to mention the one in charge of my kids during labor is a TEACHER. Unfortunately P and I are very much type A personalities with a bit of OCD so us not being able to make plans and do just doesn't work well for us. P had his mind made up that he was starting maternity leave on Monday thinking I'd go off the meds and as strong and frequent as they've been this time around he really didn't want to be 45 min away and I really wasn't wanting to be home with 6 kids alone and deliver! BUT its looking like he will work another week or 2 for sure. At this point 2 would be good so the kids can finish the first week of school and P can hit his pay days right (sadly he looses $$ when he takes off)Doc and I have the same prediction....we'll discuss induction next visit! As he laughed and said isn't that how this usually ends?? I tried getting him to set it up today but no luck!! So he ended the visit EXACTLY as I told one of the kids... "See you in a week if not sooner!" But this baby will come into the world when he/she is ready!!

1 comment:

Happy Campers said...

Love the updates...that you're healthy, Icky is still cooking, & you are all getting ready :)