Friday, September 25, 2009

And if I respond that would make ME RUDE?!?!?

It's amazing to me how people just don't bat an eye at the unsolicited comments they make! 9 out of 10 times we bite our toungue and respond with a fake little laugh or grin or on good days even respond with a joke. But there is one family in town that I just want to give a piece of my mind. The mother (my moms age they are/were friends when I was a child) first made a rude comment to me when she found out I was preg with #3. It was something like this will be it right?? Instead of saying don't you have 3 kids *&^@*& I just grinned! Funny to see a few years later her daughter have her third. Well comments have continued through the years. This Summer the mother saw my mom and someone else in the area knew I was on bedrest and asked how I was when she over heard this she proceeded to make negative comments to my mother which my mother (gotta love her) responded to the lady with I am so blessed to have 8 grandchildren (one is my niece) and we see every child as a blessing! If now yesterday I didn't get a &^%^&)y comment from the daughter. As tempted as I was to make a blunt comment back I refrained!! But WHY?? Why do I stay polite I would never vocalize my judgement on others lifestyles. As much as I'd love to respond to the mother with so how did you handle things when you were busted sleeping with another married man by his SON??? Or so has your daughter gone back to her husband or is she still messing around with the black guy?? But yes I just had my seventh child with my husband whom I've been with and faithful to for 15 years!!
We always get random comments and we are fine with that and most are followed by support or a positive comment! Example as I walk up with Icky in the sling another of my mothers friends sees us and says "how many is that?" 7 "SEVEN oh my gosh well good for you we need more population like yours" But I just seriously don't get it. Why is our family size anyones business? I can not think of one thing that my kids don't have or won't have that they would if we had just two kids. We aren't having children and then leaving them with grandparents every weekend so we can go have "our" time or leaving them with a sitter for "me" time! We 9 out of 10 times if you see us you see all of us together! Not my kids with their grandparents or ponned off to others. Gov't is not buying our kids meals. They may eat store brand cereal and off brand bread but guess what I was raised on that too and I only have one sibling! Our kids are well behaved straight A students that contribute in a positive way to society. So again WTH is it anyones business and definately WTH is it acceptable for people to make non supportive comments about it? But I can promise you if I answered the question "don't you know what causes that" with a birds and bees response I'd be seen as rude. But I guess only people with fewer then 4 kids are permitted to make rude comments and get away with it!! And sadly its not just friends family does it to.....and we all know how perfect all our family members are so of course they are permitted to throw those stones ::: insert EYE ROLL :::
So off my soap box but soon very very soon that family is going to catch me at the wrong moment and get an ear full!! (oh and this would be a well to do family in town) :)

2 comments:

Happy Campers said...

(((hugs))) I can only imagine the comments you get while you're out...we get all sorts of comments about homeschooling...and I think the same thing. Is my well behaved child bothering you?

Forget those nosey-nellies & don't let them ruffle their feathers. It's more a reflection on them when they even think to behave that way. You guys are blessed beyond belief & you just keep doin' what you're doin'!!!

The Leader Of This Crazy Clan said...

Thanks I always apptreciate your support of our family. Most people assume we do homeschool!! People are so funny. Its more acceptable to have 3 kids and rely on others to watch them regularly or get a divorce and have a his/her/their family then for people commited to their marriage and kids to have a big family.....